Before my wife I just cooked it with water and some salt after it was cooked. … you can go with just simple salt or go crazy with herbs and spices, a can of beens, some greens.. the rice will pick up the flavor of the water and concentrate it slightly, so just taste the water and that’s what the rice will taste like.
How do you add flavor to cooked rice?
3 Easy Ways to Make a Boring Pot of Rice Taste Amazing
- Toast the grains. Toasting the dry rice grains in a little butter or olive oil before adding the water brings out their flavor and adds a fantastic nutty note in the finished dish. …
- Cook the rice with chicken or vegetable broth. …
- Season the rice with what you’re cooking.
How do you season rice after cooking?
Add some diced onions, cranberries, cherries, or peas to the pot where you’re cooking rice. The flavor will seep into the rice during the cooking process, creating a rich built-in flavor for your rice. You can also add in herbs or spices that pair well with the vegetables you’re adding.
How do you flavor already cooked white rice?
Combine your pre-cooked rice with some fresh parsley or other herbs, and boil in some water with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra tangy dolmas, drizzle them with a bit of fresh lemon juice, just before serving.
Can you add spices to rice?
These simple cooking tips to cook rice with spices will help make rice taste better. … A mix of broth, herbs and or spices truly adds oodles of taste. If cooking rice in a rice cooker, you simply need to add the spices and herbs to the water and cook rice as normal.
What is a good seasoning to add to rice?
What Are Good Spices For Rice?
- Cumin. Cumin brings an earthy nuttiness to savory dishes and it can do the same for rice. …
- Bay leaf. …
- Cardamom. …
- Cinnamon, cumin, and cardamom. …
- Saffron. …
- Five spice powder. …
What’s a good sauce to put on rice?
Our Delish List of Rice Sauce Recipes
- Caribbean Hot Sauce. We love a good hot pepper, but sometimes we hear names of hot peppers that make us clutch our metaphorical pearls in horror. …
- Tahini Sauce. …
- Green Mole Sauce. …
- Sichuan Sauce. …
- Cilantro Chimichurri. …
- Parsley Pesto. …
- Jalapeno Avocado Sauce. …
- Chipotle Tahini Sauce.
Do you salt your rice?
“Rice is like pasta–you have to salt the water, or else you’ll have bland rice. I put a 1/2 tsp. to a tsp for each cup of rice.” … If you cook rice too quickly, the water will evaporate and the rice will be undercooked. Low heat keeps kernels intact.”
How long should I let rice cook?
A cup of white rice will take about 17 minutes to cook, but larger amounts may take a few extra minutes. Leaving it covered on the stove for a few minutes after it’s tender will allow it to finish absorbing all of the water and then fluffing it with a fork will get your rice nice and …well, fluffy.
What can you add to brown rice for flavor?
15 Easy Ways to Season Brown Rice
- Add in Garlic salt – So easy and really bumps up the flavor.
- Add in a bouillon cube or granules when you cook the rice for extra flavor.
- Mix in some salsa and some cumin for a tex-mex taste.
- Add an egg and fry it for a healthier fried rice.
What can I put on rice besides soy sauce?
Pesto is great on rice. Grated cheese is great on rice, as is sweet chilli sauce or mango chutney. Also, oyster sauce, teriyaki sauce or hoisin sauce. Try egg fried rice (good with bacon in it too), rice with satay chicken, rice in a burrito with refried beans and salsa.
What can I do with cooked white rice?
5 Extra-Easy Dinners That Start with 2 Cups of Leftover Rice
- 5 Snapshot Recipes That Start with Leftover Rice. …
- Pork Fried Rice. …
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup. …
- Mushroom Rice Pilaf. …
- Spanish-Style Chicken and Rice Skillet. …
- Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito.
What can you do with old cooked rice?
- Leftover Rice Frittata.
- Leftover Rice Pudding.
- Leftover Rice Pancakes.
- Ubbu Rotti u2013 Leftover Rice Roti.
- Easy Leftover Risotto Balls.
- Vegetarian Bean and Rice Burrito.
- Rice Fritters.
- Easy Risotto Cakes.
Can you add butter to Rice?
In order to cook rice you need to combine rice, water, salt and butter. The salt and butter are optional, so only rice and water are essential. … Add the rice, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of butter, stir once.
Should you season rice before cooking?
most of the time you should do it before. It will allow the flavors to absorb during the cooking process. … But even before that, put your rice in the pot dry and toast it for a couple of minutes to bring out the nutty flavor. Then add your herbs/oil/spices.
Can you add stock cubes to Rice?
But chicken broth isn’t the only way to punch up the flavor of your rice. You can also use chicken stock, vegetable broth or stock, or any other kind of broth or stock you like. If you don’t usually keep broths or stocks on hand, it’s easy to whip some up using a bouillon base like Better Than Bouillon.