What are the 100 ways to cook an egg?
So the story goes that the 100 folds in a chef’s hat represent the 100 ways to cook an egg, but is this true? Well, let’s see… there’s scrambled, over easy, over medium, over hard, poached, shirred, soft boiled, hard boiled, pickled, baked, sunny side up; in an omelette, quiche, or frittata; etc, etc, etc.
How many ways can you cook an egg?
The 8 Different Ways to Cook Eggs
- Hard Boiled: These eggs cook for 10-12 minutes. …
- Soft Boiled: Soft boiled eggs take half as long to cook as hard-boiled ones — five to six minutes. …
- Sunny Side Up: From the time you crack your egg into the skillet, it stays facing up.
What are the six different egg dishes?
Below are commonly done egg preparation for breakfast.
- Soft Boiled Egg: Soft Boiled eggs have a firm white and warm, runny egg yolk. …
- Hard Boiled Egg: Hard Boiled eggs have a firm white and firm egg yolk. …
- Scrambled Egg: …
- Fried Egg: …
- Omelettes: …
- Poached Eggs: …
- Shirred Eggs:
What are the 5 types of fried eggs?
How to Fry the Perfect Egg
- Sunny side up: The egg is fried with the yolk up and is not flipped.
- Over easy: The egg is flipped and the yolk is still runny.
- Over medium: The egg is flipped and the yolk is only slightly runny.
- Over well: The egg is flipped and the yolk is cooked hard.
What are the 99 ways to cook an egg?
99 Ways to Cook an Egg
- Hardboiled (15-20 minutes)
- Medium (5-10 minutes)
- Softboiled (3-4 minutes)
- Coddled Eggs.
- Curried Eggs.
- Scotch Woodcock.
- Pickled Eggs.
- Beet Pickled Eggs.
What happens if you put an egg in the oven?
Surprisingly, popping your eggs into the oven to bake makes perfect hard boiled eggs every time; the egg shells don’t splinter or crack and internally the eggs cook in the exact same way. What’s more, you get to skip scrubbing your dishes and just get right to enjoying your eggs!
What’s the hardest way to cook an egg?
Ever the classic, scrambled eggs are probably the easiest eggs to cook but the hardest to master, depending on your preference. Essentially, scrambled eggs are beaten egg whites and yolks that you stir over low heat until little “curds” begin to form.
What is the healthiest way to cook an egg?
The bottom line
Overall, shorter and lower-heat cooking methods cause less cholesterol oxidation and help retain most of the egg’s nutrients. For this reason, poached and boiled (either hard or soft) eggs may be the healthiest to eat. These cooking methods also don’t add any unnecessary calories.
What are the 3 types of eggs?
Many types of eggs are available.
- Grade AA, A or B, determined by the interior quality and shell appearance/condition.
- Brown or white color, determined by breed of chicken which laid the eggs.
- Conventional cage eggs, cage-free, free-range, organic and nutritionally-enriched eggs.
What are some examples of egg dishes?
7 Egg Dishes
- Eggs With Soldiers. Place 4 eggs in a saucepan of boiling water, then cook over low heat, 4 to 5 minutes; drain. …
- Tarragon Egg Salad. Place 4 to 6 eggs in a large saucepan, cover with cold water by 1 inch and bring to a simmer. …
- Breakfast Burritos. …
- Hash-Brown Eggs. …
- Nicoise Deviled Eggs. …
- Spring Frittata. …
- Smoked-Salmon Scramble.
What is the common ingredient in egg dish?
Bird and reptile eggs consist of albumen (egg white) and vitellus (egg yolk), contained within various thin membranes all surrounded by a protective eggshell. Popular choices for egg consumption are chicken, duck, quail, roe, and caviar, but the egg most often consumed by humans is the chicken egg, by a wide margin.
What is the perfect fried egg?
In a small nonstick pan over medium heat, melt butter (or heat oil). Crack egg into pan. Cook 3 minutes, or until white is set. Flip and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, until yolk is completely set.
What is fried eggs called?
A fried egg is commonly referred to as a “poached egg” in Indian English. In central and northern India’s English-speaking middle classes and mid-level restaurants, “single-fried” refers to sunny side up (also known as a “bullseye”) and “double-fried” to over hard.
Are sunny side up eggs safe?
Are Sunny Side Up Eggs Safe? Most healthy people can eat sunny side up eggs without problems. It is worth noting, however, that with this way of frying, we cook the egg very lightly. But if it’s infected with Salmonella, the heat may not be enough to kill the pathogen.