Season both sides of patties with salt and pepper. Cook patties, pressing with a spatula, 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, flip, and top with cheese. Cook 2 minutes.
How long do you cook burgers on a gas grill?
IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey.
How do you grill a medium well burger?
Medium well: Cook patty on one side for three minutes. Turn it over and cook for an additional six minutes. Well done: Cook patty on one side for three minutes. Turn it over and cook for an additional seven minutes.
How long do you grill 8 oz burgers?
Place the burgers on the grill grate and cook, waiting for at least 4 minutes before flipping. Cook until both sides are browned and the burger is cooked to the desired doneness, about 10 minutes total for medium-rare, 8-ounce burgers. Let the burgers rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
How long should Burgers be on the grill?
In general, follow these total grilling times:
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
What is the best way to cook hamburgers on the grill?
- Grill your burgers over high heat. …
- Avoid using your spatula to press down on your burgers while cooking. …
- Flip your burgers only one time–about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare plus. …
- If you get a flare up, cover the grill. …
- Allow your burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving.
How long do you grill burgers at 400?
- Divide ground beef into 4 (½-pound) or 6 (1/3-pound) portions. …
- Heat the grill to high (gas or charcoal); 375-400 degrees F. …
- Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 for medium-rare or 6-7 for medium doneness as measured with an Instant Read thermometer. …
- Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes.
What is the secret to juicy hamburgers?
Here are the chef’s tips to turning out the ultimate, show-stopping burger:
- Use 80/20 ground chuck.
- Make a thumbprint in the middle of the patty.
- Season with salt and pepper ONLY.
- Use canola oil, cast iron and high heat.
- Flip once.
- Get the temperature just right.
- Don’t be afraid to mix cheeses.
- Use a squishy bun.
How long do you grill burgers on each side?
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
Do you grill burgers with the lid up or down?
It is usually best to leave the lid down as much as possible on your gas grill since grilling is best done fast and hot. Of course, there are always exceptions. Foods that just need to be warmed or that are thin and will cook very quickly anyway can be done with the lid up.
What is the best way to cook burgers?
Cook your burgers in a flat pan over medium-high heat. The patties should sizzle when they hit the pan, and when you flip them, you should see a nicely dark, golden-brown sear on the underside. That’s the sign of a good burger!
Is it safe to eat medium rare burgers?
According to the food code, ground beef should be cooked at 155 degrees F internally and held there for 15 seconds, or 158 degrees for even a moment, in order to kill pathogens at the center of the meat. Unlike a rare steak, a rare burger is risky because the germs from the outside of the meat have been ground inside.
How do you keep burgers from shrinking on the grill?
Quick tips to prevent shrinkage when cooking burgers:
- Choose leaner meats with no added water.
- Cook it slow, on a low temperature.
- If you’re cooking burgers on the grill, don’t close the lid. …
- Form the patties wider than you’d like them to be, and create a small dimple in the center by pressing down with your fingers.
Why put an ice cube on a grilling burger?
The ice cube will prevent the burgers from overcooking and add a bit of extra moisture to the beef — something that’s especially helpful if you’re grilling rather large patties. What you’re gonna do is take a ball of ground beef, gently press a little ice cube in the center, and form the beef around it so it’s sealed.
How long do you cook a hot dog on the grill?
GRILLING. Warm to medium heat. Grill for 7 to 9 minutes, or until heated through, turning occasionally. When hot dogs are done on the grill, remove all at once to avoid overcooking.