IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
How long do you grill burgers?
In general, follow these total grilling times:
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How do you grill the perfect burger?
- Grill your burgers over high heat. …
- Avoid using your spatula to press down on your burgers while cooking. …
- Flip your burgers only one time–about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare plus. …
- If you get a flare up, cover the grill. …
- Allow your burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving.
How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
- Divide ground beef into 4 (½-pound) or 6 (1/3-pound) portions. …
- Heat the grill to high (gas or charcoal); 375-400 degrees F. …
- Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 for medium-rare or 6-7 for medium doneness as measured with an Instant Read thermometer. …
- Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes.
How do you grill burgers for dummies?
Place the patties on the grill grid. Grill directly over the heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium, or less for rare or medium rare. Just before the burgers are finished, toast the buns on the edges of the grill. Serve.
How long do you grill burgers on each side?
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
How do you know when burgers are done on the grill?
We suggest putting the thermometer into the side of the burger—that way it’s less likely to go all the way through the meat, and give you a false reading. At 120°F, the burger is rare. At 130°F, it’s medium-rare. 140°F is medium, 150°F is medium-well, and over 160°F is well done.
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, fish, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. … But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.
Should you oil burgers before grilling?
Lightly brush the burgers on both sides with melted butter or extra-virgin olive oil just before grilling. This helps prevent sticking and adds an extra layer of flavor. You’ll also need to practice good grill hygiene by heating, scraping and oiling the grill’s grate prior to grilling.
Why do you put a thumbprint in a burger?
To ensure that the meat cooks evenly, make a thumbprint indentation into each patty before it goes on the grill. The indentation helps the patty hold its shape—rather than swelling—as it shrinks during cooking.
How long do you grill hamburgers on a propane grill?
Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey.
How long do you cook a hot dog on the grill?
GRILLING. Warm to medium heat. Grill for 7 to 9 minutes, or until heated through, turning occasionally. When hot dogs are done on the grill, remove all at once to avoid overcooking.
How long do you grill burgers at 300?
We use a gas grill at 300 degrees and cook time is about 10 minutes, flipping the burgers a couple of times. Eliminate excessive grease by pressing the burgers after each flip.
How do you keep burgers from sticking to the grill?
Proven Solutions to stop food from sticking to the grill
- Clean the Grill. The food will stick on the grates if you did not clean the grill. …
- Use High-Smoking Point Oil. We all use our favorite cooking oil to grill the meat. …
- Oiling the Meat. …
- Using Cooking Spray. …
- Pre-Heat the Grill.
How do you grill juicy hamburgers?
He told Fox News the key is putting an ice cube in the middle of a patty, folding the meat around it, and then grilling it. That way, the ice keeps the patty moist so it doesn’t dry out.
What do you Season burgers with?
How to Make a Good Burger Seasoning
- smoked paprika.
- ground black pepper.
- kosher salt.
- brown sugar.
- garlic powder.
- onion powder.
- cayenne pepper.