Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to medium doneness (160°F), 9 to 11 minutes, turning once. During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, place a cheese slice on each patty to melt and toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat. Remove from the grill.
How do you cook burgers on a propane grill?
- Divide ground beef into 4 (½-pound) or 6 (1/3-pound) portions. …
- Heat the grill to high (gas or charcoal); 375-400 degrees F. …
- Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 for medium-rare or 6-7 for medium doneness as measured with an Instant Read thermometer. …
- Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes.
How long do you grill hamburgers on a propane grill?
Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey.
Do you grill burgers with the lid up or down?
It is usually best to leave the lid down as much as possible on your gas grill since grilling is best done fast and hot. Of course, there are always exceptions. Foods that just need to be warmed or that are thin and will cook very quickly anyway can be done with the lid up.
How long do you cook hamburgers on a Weber gas grill?
Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to medium doneness (160°F), 9 to 11 minutes, turning once. During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, place a cheese slice on each patty to melt and toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat. Remove from the grill. 4.
Do you spray a grill with Pam?
Yes – you can use regular PAM for a barbecue grill. “regular” PAM is canola oil – it is more or less equivalent to using ‘vegetable oil’ from the bottle. It has a smoke point of ~400 degrees farenheit.
What temperature do you cook burgers on a propane grill?
Start by warming your grill to high heat, about 450 degrees, or until you can hold your hand over the grate for up to one second. This is important because the high heat will create a warm cooking zone for your patty and will allow the patty to sizzle to perfection.
How long do you cook a hot dog on the grill?
GRILLING. Warm to medium heat. Grill for 7 to 9 minutes, or until heated through, turning occasionally. When hot dogs are done on the grill, remove all at once to avoid overcooking.
How long do you grill burgers on each side?
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
What is the secret to juicy hamburgers?
Here are the chef’s tips to turning out the ultimate, show-stopping burger:
- Use 80/20 ground chuck.
- Make a thumbprint in the middle of the patty.
- Season with salt and pepper ONLY.
- Use canola oil, cast iron and high heat.
- Flip once.
- Get the temperature just right.
- Don’t be afraid to mix cheeses.
- Use a squishy bun.
How do you grill the perfect burger?
- Grill your burgers over high heat. …
- Avoid using your spatula to press down on your burgers while cooking. …
- Flip your burgers only one time–about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare plus. …
- If you get a flare up, cover the grill. …
- Allow your burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving.
How long do I grill burgers?
In general, follow these total grilling times:
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How do you tell when a burger is done on the grill?
We suggest putting the thermometer into the side of the burger—that way it’s less likely to go all the way through the meat, and give you a false reading. At 120°F, the burger is rare. At 130°F, it’s medium-rare. 140°F is medium, 150°F is medium-well, and over 160°F is well done.
When should I cover my grill?
Use the lid when flames get really intense or you don’t have a cool side in a two-zone heat situation. Fire needs oxygen and the lid prevents any more from getting in. Now, I love a good rib-eye. But, as a rule, the thicker the cut, the longer it will take to grill.
Should I leave the oven grill open or closed?
You should leave the door slightly open, as if you close it, it means the heat inside rises too much, and it damages the seals to your oven. This in turn means that in the future your oven will not obtain the temperature required.