Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
How do you grill a 2-inch-thick steak?
To cook a 2-inch-thick steak, use direct heat. When grill is medium (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), follow directions below; cook steak 20 to 25 minutes for rare, 27 to 30 for medium.
How long do you grill a thick steak?
SIRLOIN STRIP STEAKS, RIBEYE STEAKS & PORTERHOUSE STEAKS
|Thickness||Rare 110 to 120 F||Medium 130 to 140 F|
|1″||4 minutes EACH SIDE||6 minutes EACH SIDE|
|1.25″||4.5 minutes EACH SIDE||6.5 minutes EACH SIDE|
|1.5″||5 minutes EACH SIDE||7 minutes EACH SIDE|
|1.75″||5.5 minutes EACH SIDE||7.5 minutes EACH SIDE|
How do you grill a 1 inch thick ribeye steak?
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Place rib-eye steaks on a large platter and season with rub on all sides. Transfer seasoned steaks to the hot grill, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, longer if desired. Remove steaks and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
How do you grill thick?
To cook a 1-inch-thick steak, use direct heat. When grill is hot (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds), follow directions below; cook steak 8 to 10 minutes for rare, 12 to 15 for medium. To cook a 2-inch-thick steak, use direct heat.
How do you grill a thick steak?
Preheat one side of the grill to about 250 degrees F (121 degrees C). Place steak on the cool side of the grill. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads about 100 degrees F (37 degrees C), 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer steak to a plate.
Do you close the grill when cooking steak?
For thicker cuts, you want to close the lid to keep the temperature high and even. Large steaks, chicken, and roasts have much more depth for the heat to penetrate, and closing the lid will give the heat time to sink in and cook the meat through in much the same way an oven does.
What temperature do you grill thick steaks?
The best temperature for steaks is 450°F to 500°F. 4. Put your steaks on the grill, close the lid, and set your timer for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of your steak.
How do you grill a 2 inch thick ribeye steak?
For the perfect medium-rare thick-cut bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F. Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil.
How do you cook a 3 inch thick ribeye steak?
How do you cook a 3 inch thick ribeye steak? Steps Season both sides with salt and pepper. Sear at 450 degrees 6 min on each side. Roast at 300 degrees 12 min on each side, till internal temperature is 130.
How long do you grill a steak at 400 degrees?
CHECKING THE TEMPERATURE OF YOUR STEAK
|Steak Doneness||Internal Temperature||Grill Time at 400 °F (Mins. Per Side)|
|Medium Rare||130-135 °F||3:30|
|Well Done||155-165 °F||6:30|
How do you grill a 2 inch filet?
Grilling Filet Mignon
- fully. grilled filet mignon steak – grilling filet mignon – Weber Grills Tips & Techniques BlogGrill your filets over direct high heat with the lid closed as much as possible for 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Move the filets over to indirect heat for an additional 4-6 minutes or until your desired degree of doneness.
How do you grill a 3 inch ribeye steak?
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear at 450 degrees 6 min on each side.
- Roast at 300 degrees 12 min on each side, till internal temperature is 130.
- Let rest for 10min, serve and eat.