How do I cook a 2cm rump steak?
Cook a 2cm-thick piece of steak for 2-3 minutes each side for rare, 4 minutes each side for medium, and 5-6 minutes each side for well-done. Turn the steak only once, otherwise it will dry out. Always use tongs to handle steak as they won’t pierce the meat, allowing the juices to escape.
How long does it take to cook a 2lb steak?
For the perfect medium-rare thick-cut bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F. Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil.
How do you cook 1cm rump steak?
How long to cook a 1 cm steak Medium Rare.
- Get your pan, grill or BBQ hot+.
- Cook the first side for 2 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Cook the second side for 1 minutes and 30 seconds.
How do you cook a 2lb steak?
When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Heat a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, such as cast iron, over high heat (make sure your exhaust fan is on). When the pan begins to smoke and an edge of the steak sizzles when touched against it, add the steak. Sear for 2 to 3 minutes or until deep brown.
What is the best way to cook a rump steak?
Heat your pan (preferably non-stick) with a drizzle of vegetable oil over a high heat. Pat your rump steak dry, rub with vegetable oil and season both sides with salt. Once very hot, add the steak to the pan and cook for 2-3 min on each side for medium rare. Cook for a further minute on each side for well done.
How long do you leave steak in the oven?
To roast a steak:
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel. …
- Sear steak in a hot skillet for just a minute on each side.
- Transfer steak to a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the preheated oven.
- Roast for 10 to 20 minutes until desired doneness is achieved.
How do you properly cook a steak?
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following…
Can you cook steak in the oven without searing?
If you’re not confident, you can do it in the opposite order – broil first, then warm in a low oven until it hits 120 F. … Do your steaks in the oven like you would with a reverse sear, then use a torch to give them a nice crust. It’s a fantastic method.
How long does it take to cook rump steak?
As a rough guide, each steak will take 3 mins in total for rare, 4-5 mins in total for medium and 7-8 mins for well done. If you have a digital cooking thermometer, the middle of the steak should be 50C for rare, 60C for medium and 70C for well done.
How do you cook a 1.5 cm rump steak?
For steak 1.5cm-thick:
- Rare – 1-1 1/2 minutes each side.
- Medium – 2-3 minutes each side.
- Well done – 3-4 minutes each side.
How long do you cook rump steak in the oven?
Cook for three minutes on each side then transfer to a baking tray and finish in a hot oven for 10–15 minutes. Of course you can finish cooking your rump steak in the pan – give a 5cm piece of meat five minutes on each side for medium rare – but you’ll get a more even and tender result by using the oven.
How do you grill a 2 inch steak?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
How long do you let a steak rest?
It fully depends on the size of the cut of beef but as a guide, bigger roasts should rest for 10-20 minutes and your steak should breathe for at least five minutes.