10. Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long does it take to cook a 23lb turkey?
How Long to Cook a Turkey
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
How long and at what temperature do you cook a stuffed turkey?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How long do you cook an 18.5 lb stuffed turkey?
For 10- to 12-pound turkey, roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours. For 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast 3½ to 4 hours. For 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast 4 to 4¼ hours. For 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast 4¼ to 4¾ hours.
How long do you cook a turkey per pound in a convection oven?
How long do I cook a turkey in a convection oven?
- 12-15 pounds, 1.5-2 hours.
- 15-20 pounds, 2-2.5 hours.
- 20-25 pounds, 2.5-3 hours.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Here is a fantastic tip: to protect the turkey breast and keep it juicy: Fold a large square sheet of foil into a triangle. Rub one side of your triangle with olive oil and shape the foil (oil-side-down) over the turkey breast, then remove foil; it will shield your turkey breast and keep it from getting dry.
What is the best temperature to cook a turkey?
If your turkey weighs 24 pounds, roast it at:
- 425°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
- 400°F for 4½ to 4¾ hours.
- 350°F for 4¾ to 5 hours.
- 325°F for 5 to 5¼ hours.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Always cook your turkey until the skin is a light golden color. Cover your roasting pan with a lid or foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on size of your bird) and uncovered for the remaining time. Baste your turkey every half hour or so.
Should I cover my turkey in foil?
Just make sure you uncover the lid about 30 minutes before the turkey’s done roasting so the skin has a chance to get crispy. … Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long does it take to cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
Your turkey is done when meat thermometer reaches 180° F in thigh and 165° F in center of stuffing. Lift turkey onto platter and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. 7-9 lbs. / 4-4 1/2 hrs. 9-12 lbs. / 4 1/2-5 hrs.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How often do I baste a turkey?
How often to baste a turkey. Most recipes will tell you to baste your turkey every thirty minutes. But our rule of thumb is actually every forty minutes, and here’s why. You don’t want to open the oven too many times, or else the whole bird will take much long to cook, and that’s a huge inconvenience.
What temperature do I cook a turkey in a convection oven?
Turkey cooked in a convection oven should be roasted at 325 F. If using a dark roasting pan or oven-roasting bag, reduce the heat to 300 F. The following general roasting times and temperatures are suggested for various-sized stuffed and unstuffed whole turkeys, breasts, and dark meat.
Is it better to cook a turkey in a convection oven?
All three types of ovens can be used to roast a delicious, moist turkey as long as the temperature of the turkey is carefully monitored. So, although a convection oven will cook faster, even a bake oven will work if the turkey is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Do you cover a turkey in a convection oven?
When cooking in convection, it is best to leave the turkey uncovered so that it benefits from the convection sear. However, if the wings and legs begin to brown too much, you certainly can use foil to cover these areas.