When watching the Alan Partridge series, my other half and I always loved the concept of a cuppa beans – a dish coined by the endearing character Michael (watch a clip here).
We developed the idea over a period of time and today we decided to go for it and created our masterpiece.
For two people:
4 hash browns
4 link sausages
2 rashers of smoked bacon
2 handfuls of grated cheddar
1 tin of beans
To create your masterpiece:
- Put the hash browns in the oven and the sausages on to cook.
- While they’re cooking away, dice the bacon and get the beans organised into the microwave but don’t cook them just yet.
- When everything is just about ready cook the beans and bacon.
- Stir the cheese in to the beans microwave for a further 30-60 seconds. Stir in the bacon.
- Place the beans into your cups and add your sausages to resemble a Flake in your ’99!
And that’s it – easy peasy! Enjoy with a cuppa (tea)!