This is a tweak on The Londoner’s Baked Peaches Recipe – I decided to make a nut-free tweak and I have to say, I’m proud of this! It’s super easy!
For two people, you will need:
- Half the peaches and twist to separate them. Remove the stones. Unless you really need the fibre in your diet.
- Stick a cube of butter into the dent where the stone was and drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C and about half way I spooned some of the juice back on top of the peaches.
- I whipped up double cream with a glug of vanilla liqueur in it and spooned a generous dollop onto the baked peaches.
- You could make a quick crumble with flour, sugar and butter but I took a lazy option of bashing up some digestives and I added some chopped up thyme leaves to sprinkle on top.
- Serve with some tangy fruits to cut the sweetness of the peaches and there you have it!