This right here is a winner of a dish! It’s 100% the work of Gordon Ramsay but the reason I’m blogging it is because oor Gordy forgets that while he knows the exact measurements, we don’t..and it’s also hard to follow a video of a trained expert. The video is worth a watch – see it here.
So for your convenience (and also mine when I next make it) here is what to do in written form!
For two hungry people, you will need:
For the topping:
2 lobsters (dependant on size, of course)
2 red chillis
Bunch of parsley
For the pasta:
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 large red onion
4 cloves of garlic
4 x 15ml Worcester sauce
3 x 15ml vodka
2 x 15ml Tabasco
15ml celery salt
I started the process way in advance to allow the chilli and parsley butter to properly infuse and marinade my lobsters.
…Unfortunately, I hit a snag with the idea of “removing the gills, stomach and vein” – many followers witnessed my meltdown on Twitter. Bleeehhh.
Panicked, I called Father Herb.
When he did the first lobster, I realised it wasn’t so bad and did the second myself. I did boke at the vein though – it’s the lobster’s bowel after all. I will cope better next time!
Cut the lobster lengthwise, remove the grossness and then take a rolling pin to batter the shells on the claws.
With all meat exposed, stuff that delicious butter in!
I chilled them until it was almost time to serve – they only need 15 minutes at 200°C in the oven as they were already cooked.
For the pasta:
- Put the pot on to boil in the background.
- Finely dice the onion and crush the garlic and sauté them together.
- When softened, season with the sugar, Worcester sauce and Tabasco. Dependent on your own tolerance to spice you can gauge whether my measurements suit. You want to cook this down into a chutney-like state.
- Glaze your pan with the vodka and cook the booze off.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and a tiny bit of water to rinse the can, and simmer down for about 5-10 minutes.
- Put the linguine on to cook.
- Drain the linguine and mix it into the sauce.
- And serve!
Note to self: get good pasta bowls.