You will need (for 3 sensible portions, or two greedy ones):
1 pack of Jus Roll Puff Pastry
1 small roast chicken
6 rashers of good quality streaky bacon
1 handful of sliced leeks
1 handful of sliced mushrooms
3 tbsp Bisto white sauce mixture
1 tbsp tarragon
1 pack of trimmed asparagus
1 pack of French beans
3 cloves of garlic
This recipe is just my version of my friend Jo’s whose recipe I have admired for years!
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Chop your bacon into little 1cm thick strips and using two forks strip your chicken into shreds.
- Fry the leeks until they start to soften. Add in your bacon and mushrooms until the bacon is cooked.
- Add 250ml boiling water to the white sauce and tarragon and stir until it thickens. Add the white sauce and chicken to the leek/mushroom/bacon pan.
- Wash the beans and asparagus, crush the garlic, peel the shallots and leave them whole. Toss in some olive oil and place into a roasting tray.
- Lightly grease your pie dish and line with 3/4 of the puff pastry rolled out. Add your filling in.
- Lay the rolled out remains of the pastry on top. I always like a little design on the top. Valentine’s Day = a heart! Other days usually involve daft messages…
- Place the pie and your tray of vegetables into the oven for 15-20 minutes to cook.
- Stuff yo’ face.