I was recently contacted by Gousto, an online company who seek to encourage people to cook their own food using organic, free range and sustainable foods. They have recipes on their site weekly and you order for the number of meals you require for the number of people you’re feeding. The exact amounts of everything is delivered in a well packaged, insulated box with the recipes included. All you need to do is cook!
The lovely folks at Gousto sent me a free box (with everything pictured above) to blog about and have given me a discount code so that you can receive 50% off your first Gousto box! Type in HERBY01in the promotional code box and there you’ll have it! This code gets you discount, not me commission so I’m not selling you anything!
Chorizo & Giant Couscous with Coriander Yoghurt
Ingredients (Serves 4)
330g Giant Couscous
300g Puy Lentils
300g Natural Yoghurt
4 Semi-cured Chorizo Sausages
2 Red Onions
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
2tbsp (30ml) Ras el Hanout
I didn’t have to do any shopping, weighing or measuring so having Gousto do that for me was fantastic. There was no waste either which is a bonus!
1. Dissolve the stock cube in a 800ml of boiling water in a jug.
2. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add the Puy Lentils and reduce to a summer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are tender. Drain the lentils.
3. Meanwhile, chop the onion coarsely, chop the coriander coarsely and chop the chorizo into 3cm pieces. I love my OCD chopping board I got as a gift from my colleagues! Millimetres, centimetres, inches, degree angles…superb.
4. Add 2tbp of olive oil to a pan and heat. Add the Chorizo and cook for 2 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and reserve.
5. Using the same pan, heat 1-2tbsp olive oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes until tender. The onion will get coated in and absorb the residual oils from the chorizo…lovely!
6. Add the giant couscous and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the ras el hanout off the heat – this will prevent it burning or sticking to the pan!
7. Add the stock to the pan and mix well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, adding extra water and leaving for longer if necessary (which it usually is) to ensure that the couscous is cooked.
8. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the lentils and chorizo to the pan and mix well. Return the pan to the cooker with the heat off and allow the residual heat to help the flavours mingle.
9. Serve topped with yoghurt and a generous sprinkling of coriander.
This went down a treat with my friends for lunch, and the left overs went down a treat with another friend for dinner. The ingredients supplied were already in the correct quantities, were fresh and of a fantastic standard. I’m definitely making this dish again!
Remember the discount code so that you can receive 50% off your first Gousto box! Your code is: HERBY01- enjoy!