Creme Egg brownies AKA food of the gods. They are utterly AMAZING, and this recipe is your guide to perfection – I have never made a batch of these that people didn’t go crazy for!
You will need:
275g caster sugar
185g unsalted butter
200g chocolate (I used 100g dark, 100g milk)
90g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
8 Cadbury Creme Eggs
3 medium eggs
Cadbury’s creme eggs are gluten free and the recipe works perfectly with GF flour, yippee!
Okay, let’s make some magic…
Preheat your oven to 150°C.
1. Grease and line your baking tray. I use oil and a pastry brush as its dead quick. I grease the tin, place on my baking paper, and then grease the paper. The first coat of grease holds the paper snug to the tin and the second coat stops the brownies sticking to the paper.
2. Break up the chocolate and cut up the butter. Melt it into beautiful chocolatey goo using a bowl over a pot of water or the microwave. Sit it aside to cool.
3. I’m very lazy with sieving flour in many cases, but never with cakes. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder onto a plate/spare bowl.
4. Place the eggs and sugar into a bowl. Using an electric whisk, beat them until they go foamy and triple in size – getting it really foamy and voluminous is so important!
5. Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Fold in carefully – don’t break the bubbles by stirring like a maniac!
6. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into your mixture. I’m not a fan of rich chocolate so I halved the cocoa and replaced it with hot chocolate.
Sieving it twice ensures a lovely fluffy brownie.
7. Fold the flour in – again, make sure you don’t burst all the bubbles. Work quickly but gently!
8. Pour the mixture into the tray – try to avoid loads of spooning and scraping (again: watch the bubbles!) and don’t drop the mixture from a height. Tilt the tray to get the mixture into the corners; don’t spread it.
9. Halve the cream eggs and distribute as you see fit!
10. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes and then turn the oven off and leave for a further 5-10 minutes.
11. Make a cuppa and take a bite. I have had 2 brownies and I’m now worrying that my pancreas is going to dump me…